Overall, I think Flickr mash-ups would be a fun activity for art students. They could use them for color-themed activities to find pictures in the colors that they need. They can even use some mash-ups as a simple photo editor. OR (I just thought of this) they could use the puzzle mash-up that I used, print their puzzle, glue to cardboard, and cut out the pieces. That actually sounds really fun. So...maybe the puzzle mash-up isn't so disappointing after all. :)
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Thing #8
I played with Flickr mash-ups today! Truth be told, I didn't have much luck with it. Many of them appeared to be apps to use with iPhone, which I don't have. Others didn't appear to be something I would use in my future as a teacher. Finally though, I found one that seemed pretty cool- the jigsaw-flickr mash-up from Big Huge Labs. When I saw this, I thought it was so neat! Definitely something I could use in my art class! However, when I made my creation, I was sorely disappointed. It isn't a puzzle. It's a jpg that looks like a puzzle. And you can order the actual, physical puzzle from them for $30.95. That's okay, I guess. I suppose I was expecting a virtual puzzle that my students could solve, using photos of famous art works. That would have been perfect. Oh well, here is my puzzle of Nero the dog. :P
Overall, I think Flickr mash-ups would be a fun activity for art students. They could use them for color-themed activities to find pictures in the colors that they need. They can even use some mash-ups as a simple photo editor. OR (I just thought of this) they could use the puzzle mash-up that I used, print their puzzle, glue to cardboard, and cut out the pieces. That actually sounds really fun. So...maybe the puzzle mash-up isn't so disappointing after all. :)
Overall, I think Flickr mash-ups would be a fun activity for art students. They could use them for color-themed activities to find pictures in the colors that they need. They can even use some mash-ups as a simple photo editor. OR (I just thought of this) they could use the puzzle mash-up that I used, print their puzzle, glue to cardboard, and cut out the pieces. That actually sounds really fun. So...maybe the puzzle mash-up isn't so disappointing after all. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment