Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thing #2

After creating my blog and avatar, I feel a little relieved. I've never had a blog before, and to be honest, I was a bit nervous to start one. Now that everything is set up though, I'm exited to begin documenting my journey through APSU's 23 Things for Teachers!

In creating my blog, I decided to keep things simple. There were plenty of fancy templates to choose from, but I prefer a clean and uncluttered look. I also decided to make the title of my blog and each entry simple and concise. I think choosing a simple template for my blog will help me with the goal I set in my last post- to be more organized. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

I enjoyed creating my avatar, and I spent a lot more time toying with it then I thought I would. After trying on a ton of different hairstyles and clothes, I think I got it to look as much like me as possible. Even my dog gets to join me in my avatar. :P

All in all, the process of creating my blog was quite easy. I probably would have been completely lost if I hadn't read the directions on Dr. Wall's blog, though. I'd say that's the first major thing I've learned in my 23 Things endeavor- read the instructions!




2 comments:

  1. I was the SAME way when it came to my avatar! It was fun having her "try on" different outfits...then passing some of them up since they didn't seem appropriate for an aspiring teacher :P

    It was also my first time creating a blog, and I'm surprising myself every day with how easy it is to do. If I can think of something interesting enough about myself, I may just make a personal blog outside of class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of creating a personal blog too! I'm not sure what I would write about, but it would be super fun.

      Delete