Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Thing #12
I played with Picasa today. Obviously.
Picasa is a great program. It can be used to organize and share photo albums, and it also has a photo editing feature, which I couldn't resist. Something like this would be perfect in an art classroom. For elementary aged art students, a program like Photoshop might be too complex. I edited this picture in Picasa in maybe five minutes. I can see the editing feature having good use in a collage project.
The second Google feature I looked at was Translate. I can see how a tool like this could be useful for educators. There are many ESL students in classrooms today, and Translate could be used to help these students understand assignments. I can't really see Translate being used as the only means of communication between a teacher and a student, but it might make things a little easier. Translate offers many languages for translation and it's super fast. It's probably more handy than using an English to foreign language dictionary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment