Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thing #4

Commenting is one of the main ideas of blogging. The point of blogging is to record your experiences and share knowledge, and to have a dialogue with those who are interested. So far, I don't have any comments on my blog. It kind of feels like talking to a brick wall, so I'm beginning to realize why comments are so important in the blogging process!

ProBlogger points out that a blogger should ask questions that are open ended. This encourages followers to leave comments and also incites experts on your blogging topic to contribute their knowledge.

Drape's Takes  gives a few good pointers on comment etiquette. For example, if a certain blog post results in a lengthy conversation, it's a good idea to just write a new post. This is something that I hadn't thought of before, but it makes sense. It allows the topic to branch out even further.



I commented on The Wylie Things regarding Pandora, a free internet radio that allows you to listen to your favorite genres. This is a rather new technology. Just a few years ago, it was difficult to find free music online.

I commented on Taylor Engel's blog regarding her choice of template.

I commented on Moran's blog about the usefulness of blogging for teachers.

I commented on csilvers blog about blogging for students, and how it has taken the place of a notebook journal.

I commented on Cambre's blog about how technology has become common in the classroom.

I commented on My Life With Christina and mrspicasso (pending approval) on emotions in art and planning in art classrooms, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment