So I've created my Flickr account and uploaded my pictures, and it was in interesting experience! It's a neat site for image hosting and sharing. I was surprised how easy it was, I had created my account and uploaded my pictures in seconds flat. I also tagged them and posted them on the apsu23things blog. My account name for Flickr is hello2058. My pictures are of the Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine from my visit to Rome in May.
Flickr could definitely be a useful tool for a teacher, and especially for aspiring art teachers (like me! :P) I can see myself using Flickr in the future to share student artwork and also for sharing artwork with my students.
I have used an image hosting website before called Photobucket, and it is very similar to Flickr. However, I found that Flickr was a bit more user friendly than Photobucket. It's just overall easier to navigate the website.
As far as having photos in a public place, there's always some concerns. If you take a picture with your smartphone, the picture could be geo-tagged. This means that the GPS coordinates of your location may be embedded in a picture you take. There are steps you can take to disable geo-tags on your phone, learn how here.


I agree with you, I think Flickr is easier to use. I think that's awesome that you would like to use it to share student's artwork! I never would have thought of that!
ReplyDelete