Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thing #3

I've just requested to have my blog registered with APSU so I can receive credit and other students can view my work! I like the idea of being able to see others' blogs and share comments and experiences.

Like I said before, I have never had a blog before this semester. I'm starting to realize how useful it could be in a classroom setting. I plan to be a high school art teacher one day, and blogs would be a perfect way for my students to share their art online with their peers and offer critique. I also plan to keep my own blog so I can easily communicate with my students and their parents. Until I become a teacher, I could also use a blog to document my student teaching and communicate with other student teachers.

Here is a blog I found on art history that would be perfect for my future students. I'm crazy about art history and I think there needs to be more exposure to it in high school art classes, as opposed to focusing primarily on visual art. I can't think of an easier way to expose students to art history than to offer them a quick reference such as a blog.


3 comments:

  1. It is really nice being able to share comments and experiences with others, especially classmates. You learn new and surprising things about the people you sit next to or on the other side of the room from, and that is wonderful. A blog for an art class defiinitely can be very useful, so parents can see their child's artwork and for many other reasons as you point out. I would be interested in looking at that kind of blog just to see the artwork that students are creating. I am becoming a fan of blogging more and more as this project goes on and also plan on using one when I become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I took this class, I had never thought about how a blog might be useful in an art class, but it truly would be. I'm excited to be able to start a blogging project with my future students. Thanks for your comment, see you in class. :P

      Delete
  2. Kala, I had never had my own blog before beginning this assignment either. I am so glad that I have been given this opportunity because I, too, see the value of using a blog in a classroom setting.

    ReplyDelete