It seems like every day that a new technological gizmo is introduced that makes our lives easier and more organized. Over the years, I have seen how this has come into play with schooling. When I was in elementary school, we had software to help us learn vocabulary and multiplication. Computer class happened once a week, usually for only an hour.
Today, students have so much more technology to aid them in learning. As I learned in class today from a fellow student presenting her website of the day, children can now "dissect" a virtual frog with great realism. Children have hundreds upon thousands of interactive websites to help them learn. They have smart phones and ipads they can carry with them. Students these days have an endless fount of knowledge they can tap into whenever they please. Some students can even achieve their education without ever stepping foot in a school, just by using the internet.
This advancement is called School 2.0. It is the next level of education and it uses technology to its full advantage. Technology has nowhere to go but up, so schools in the future will be even more advanced, if you can imagine. I could have never foreseen such advances for schools when I was little, when I only touched a computer once a week.
Kala, I agree that there seems to be a new breakthrough in technology everyday to make life a little easier. I do not honestly remember having computers when I was in elementary school so to see my children on them everyday is so awesome. Really enjoyed your post!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Stephanie