I created my RSS feed today! I subscribed to several different blogs relating to art education and art history. I even subscribed to the blog of the US Humane Society, just because it's a personal interest of mine. I think I'm going to enjoy having my own RSS feed set up. It makes it much easier to stay up to date with my favorite blogs. Something like this can be invaluable for teachers. I imagine when I start teaching, I'm not going to have enough time to go through my bookmarks to view my favorite blogs everyday. It's much easier to have the feed, so I can access them all from one page. Also, the feed give the first few sentences of each blog post, so if I think I won't be interested in a particular post, I can save time by not visiting that blog for the day.
I also think having the RSS feed will be helpful in that I will have constant access and inspiration from the web. Art teachers are expected to always have new and creative material, and it helps to have access to blogs and websites with fresh ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment