Monday, November 12, 2012

Thing #15

Today I had my first experience with editing a wiki- the APSU 23 Things Sandbox!

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of wikis. Sometimes I can spend hours on Wikipedia clicking the random article link and reading. Wikis are a great source of information. Anyone can contribute their knowledge. However, I had never contributed to a wiki before. Until today, of course.

Submitting to the APSU Sandbox was surprisingly easy. I just made an account, and then I could edit the front page. Of course, this ease of access to everyone makes wikis vulnerable to misinformation and hooliganism. Wikis may not be considered credible academic sources because of this. However, wikis are still a great way to learn from one another. Just remember, don't believe everything you read (it's always good to be a skeptic) and look for citations (and use them when you post to wikis).

Now go forth and contribute to a wiki today. Share the wealth of knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment