Today I made a mind map and a flowchart. I chose to use Gliffy and Mindmeister.
My Mindmeister mind map turned out well. I tried to imagine how my future art students could use this tool, so I made a mind map about the characteristics of Romantic art. Mind maps are perfect for art history projects. The site was intuitive and I had no problems figuring out how to use the tools. Unfortunately, after I created my mind map using the free demo, the site went back to the home screen before I could save it. Then, it would only let me use the site if I signed up and gave my credit card info, which I didn't really want to do. I can't see young art students signing up to use a flowchart site with a credit card, so I probably wouldn't use Mindmeister with my class. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to save my mind map. It was glorious.
I had better luck with Gliffy. It doesn't require credit card info to sign up. I made a flowchart about cupcakes. I think mind maps would be more useful in an art class.

No comments:
Post a Comment